24) FREE AT LAST


Today they took a group of us out of our cells in the hole, also known as the shu (Secure Housing Unit) to the captain's office to officially charge us of our infractions. 

When I got down to the captain's office, officer Dully, the guard that actually found the pruno in my cell was seated in the room with him. Immediately I could tell something was wrong. The vibe just wasn't right. The Captain asked me if I knew what I was in the hole for. 

It was the way he said it... As if he wasn't sure why I was here. Fuck it, I know how to play the game. I told the Cap, "Naw, I don't know what's going on." Dully got defensive way too quickly. Something wasn't right and I knew it. Dully says, "Emanuel, did I or didn't I find a jug of wine in your cell?" 

Okay, by now I know somebody fucked up somewhere, some how. "A jug of wine in my cell? Naw...there must be some mistake," I reply. When I say this, Dully's face turns Beet red. This mother fucker is really mad because I won't cop to the jug of wine. I tell them I thought I was in the hole for the two slices of bread I smuggled back to my cell from the chow hall. Dully and the Cap share a look before they call for the guard to take me back to my cell. Two hours later the guard was telling me to roll up to go back to my unit

No comments:

Post a Comment